- Work with a diverse team of principal, senior, and junior level contributors to provide development and production support for the customer Analytic and Engagement Applications (AEA).
- Provide systems administration skills, including configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and automation support. This may require after-hours support, only as necessary.
- Develop backend systems software that improves sustainability and operations.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- May also modify the repository schema of an existing application to support new data items, develop data mining and data ingest processes for new data, and support integration with middle-tier and back-end APIs
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
- Perform software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements
- Administer, maintain, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the application
- The individual must be able to work as an individual contributor and in teams, communicate directions, and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required.
- Provide LINUX/UNIX systems administration skills, including configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and automation support. This may require after-hours support, only as necessary.
- Experience scripting/coding in languages such as Ruby, Shell, Python, or Java
- Experience configuring Java Application servers such as Tomcat, Netty
- Experience writing software for configuration management systems (Puppet, Chef) in a production environment
- Conducting root cause analysis on production issues with other engineers and software developers